PARALLEL PLANETS
HAS MOVED.



We are now found on parallelplanets.com.


Jaejin Hwang in Wandering Worlds: Chasing Columbus

A Parallel Planets piece by Unknown

Parallel Planets presents Jaejin Hwang
in Wandering Worlds: Chasing Columbus

 * * *



"I took [film] photos of the music scene in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio in the United States. I wanted to tell about the events and happenings that music lovers in this town often go to. I went to three different types of places/events: the Columbus Psych Festival, bars (Cara bar and Ace of Cups), and house parties in my home and my friend's place. In the Columbus Psych Festival, I had the chance to watch several musicians perform, and I felt their soul, passion, and love for music. In several bars, I saw many interesting and artistic flyers, menu, wall paintings, and stage set-up, which, along with the music, have created the "soul" of these places. In my home and friend's house, I felt how music unites people and makes them bond together. All of these finally made me realize that many people feel alive anywhere there's music." -- Jaejin Hwang


























Wandering Worlds is a special series where we traverse the corners of the world through a film photographer's emulsions and emotions. In it, we aim to quench our lust for wandering, to visualize a window into another planet, and to fuel our desires with wonderment.

Also on Parallel Planets: Jaejin Hwang in Mental Memoirs: Wonderland

More from Jaejin Hwang: Portfolio, Flickr, Tumblr


Disclaimer: In lieu with Parallel Planets' general aesthetics, almost all images found on this website appear in black & white. Hover on them to view the original versions and click them to see in high resolutions. All media files solely belong to their respective artists, some of which are exclusive for Parallel Planets only. If you wish to use any of these, please contact the author or artist first. Thank you!
 
FacebookInstagramTwitter

info@parallelplanets.com
Posts are hidden on the main page, but everything we published from 2013 to 2015 are still intact. Use the button below to find what you're looking for.