PARALLEL PLANETS
HAS MOVED.



We are now found on parallelplanets.com.


Patrizia Fusi's Pyscho Geometries

A Parallel Planets piece by Unknown

Hello, Patrizia! It’s great to have you here on Parallel Planets. Tell us about yourself as a photographer, before you became one, and if you weren’t one.

Hi!! it's a pleasure to be here! I've always been in love with art and since I was a child. I used to draw and write, but those actually weren't the right way to me; so when I was 15, I tried photography and instantly fell in love with it! I loved with the idea of represent an imaginary world using the images of the real one, the idea of showing how I see the reality making a new one.

What drove you to take photography as a hobby, lifestyle, and profession?

I guess it's that I need to show my thoughts and imagination, it's like a diary somehow,  plus it's that I want to have an imprint of important moments, it's like celebrate giving them a body, probably it's also because I don't want to forget.

Most of your photographic works are done in colour so I’m very curious to know about your stance in black & white photography. In the rare occasions that you use monochrome, what do you love most about it?

Right! I usually work in colour, but I love black and white too, because it makes an unreal atmosphere. I use colours when my thoughts work with the real world around me and black and white when I show just concept, incorporeal things, that's why my most conceptual works are  monochromatic.

Tell us more about your fine art photo series “Impronte” and “Psychometries.” What were the inspirations behind them?

Impronte shows some natural shapes that moved me, the pictures are the representation of their projection in my mind, as when you stare at the sun and then, when you look away can see a blue circle.

While Psychometries is the outcome of  asking which ones are the shapes of the learning and thinking process; I ended up with the idea that the abilities of our mind can be represented with the purest shape, the geometries. That's how the project was born.

Have you been in Rome all of your life? How would you describe the photography subculture there? Any favourite local photographers?

I've been in Rome most of my life, in the 2011 I studied for some months in Winsconsin, at Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, it was amazing! And now I'm getting ready for a long trip in Asia. Italy it's full of really talented photographers, but unfortunately Photography subculture is not yet considered as important as other kind of art.  I hope this is going to change pretty soon.

I want to tell you about emerging photographers and good friends of mine, Sara Pellegrino and Paco Li Calzi, they are really talented! We used to study together in Rome.

How does film photography relate to your personality and your personal stories? Why makes it more “special” than digital?

I work with both, digital and film photography, but the second is magical! The dark room is so fascinating! I love films because your pictures have a real body, you can touch them, makes me feel like they are more real; while digital files has not that.

To you, what makes a photograph beautiful and worth keeping?

A beautiful photograph is the one that makes me stare at it. When  I can't take my eyes off of it, when it makes me think and reflect or brings me to other amazing worlds.

Aside from your cameras, film, and good lighting, what other essentials do you always bring with you when you shoot?

A lot of fantasy and happiness! Also being open-minded when you shoot helps to see better everything.

Aside from taking pictures, what other creative pursuits are you interested in?

I love crafting, I use the macrame, an Arabian embroidery technique, to make necklaces and bracelets.

If you were to pick 3 for each, what are your all-time favourite books, films (cinema), and songs?

To choose three favourite books is really hard! I can say that they are: “Walking” by Henry David Thoreau, “The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, and  “House of Leaves” by Mark Z. Danielevski. But I have many others; I'm in love with books!

About movies, I really love: “Big Fish” by Tim Burton, “Moonrise Kingdom” by Wes Anderson, and “Everything Is Illuminated” by Liev Schreiber.

And three amazing songs: “Set the Control for the Heart of the Sun” by Pink Floyd, “Son of the Stars” by Dead Can Dance, and “Unravel” by Bjork.

In this planet that we're thriving in—
What is your power animal?

It is the Owl, a mesmerizing animal. I always loved owls because their look free and strong, they can help me to speak with the wild side of me.

Who is your alternate ego?

My alternate ego is a woman, deft and wild, who live alone in the forest, because it is what I dream since I was a child. I love to go often in the woods, but I'd like to know what means to live inside of it, I'm sure it'd be hard and, at the same time, amazing.

In an alternate universe where photography does not exist—
What would your name be?

My name?! That's hard, I don't know. (laughs) I guess a short name, because I always prefer short names, probably because mine is pretty long.

What would you be doing instead?

I'll be interested in knowing the forest, animals and plants, being one with them, because a place like a woods can teaching in every moment something new.


Keep posted for Patrizia Fusi's new projects by bookmarking her website and following her pages on Facebook and Instagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer: In lieu with Parallel Planets' general aesthetics, almost all images found on this website appear in black & white. Hover on them to view the original versions and click them to see in high resolutions. All media files solely belong to their respective artists, some of which are exclusive for Parallel Planets only. If you wish to use any of these, please contact the author or artist first. Thank you!
 
FacebookInstagramTwitter

info@parallelplanets.com
Posts are hidden on the main page, but everything we published from 2013 to 2015 are still intact. Use the button below to find what you're looking for.